We understand that changing banks can be challenge and have created a Switch Kit to guide you through the process. Follow these simple steps.
- Open a Capstone Bank checking account: Information about our different checking accounts can be found on this website, or you may contact one of our experienced bankers. Please complete the New Account Information Form in the Switch Kit, and then stop by one of our banking centers to get started!
- Stop using previous checking account: Allow time for outstanding checks to clear—usually ten days. Once cleared, be sure to destroy all unused checks, ATM and/or debit card from the previous institution to avoid confusion.
- Moving direct deposits to the new Capstone Bank account: Switch Kits include a Direct Deposit Change Form. To move a Social Security direct deposit call Social Security Administration 800-772-1213 or go to www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm.
- Transfer automatic payments and debits to Capstone Bank: Notify anyone deducting automatic payments (utilities, gym dues, car payment, etc.) to use the new Capstone Bank account for futre payments. Use the Automatic Payment Change Form provided in the Switch Kit to ensure a smooth transition.
- Close previous checking account: After all checks and automatic payments have cleared and are verified to be linked to your new Capstone account, proceed with closing the previous checking account. Use the Account Closing Form in the Switch Kit to notify the previous bank to close the account.