On Monday, September 8, Home Depot® confirmed that their payment systems have been breached. Customers who made purchases with debit or credit cards at U.S and Canadian Home Depot stores may face the potential for fraud.
According to Home Depot’s latest statement:
- This issue impacts purchases made from April 11, 2014 through September 07, 2014.
- There is no evidence that Home Depot online purchases have been impacted.
- Debit card PINs do not appear to have been compromised.
At this time, you can continue using your Capstone Bank debit card while knowing that we are always working to help protect your financial information.
- We proactively monitor your accounts for fraud with industry-leading fraud protection measures. If we believe your account is at risk for fraud, we will contact you. If your account is at risk for fraud, it will be de-activated and a new card contact information is current. You can update your information any time within Online Banking.
- We also encourage you to monitor your accounts in Online Banking and Mobile Banking and let us know immediately if you notice fraudulent transactions.